SCHOOL SPORTS FUNDING
St Margaret’s at Troy Town has greatly benefited from the new primary school sports funding. The impact of provision can be seen from the positive response from the children, staff and parents, as well as awards received.
We are delighted that the school received the Bronze Award in School Games in 2013/14, the Silver Award in Games in 2014/15 and the Gold Award in Games in 2015/16!
Here are some of the children’s comments:
I loved the athletics competition because my adrenalin was pumping and it was very exciting! I was very proud we came second and it was fun competing against other schools.
I enjoyed dance. I have learnt different things and I am a better dancer. I loved the music, too.
I loved hockey club so much that I decided to join Gillingham Anchorians Hockey Club. I wanted to keep learning and keep having fun!
In 2016-2017, the school will receive £8910.
This is being used to:
· Deliver a range of high quality PE and sports activities
· Offer opportunities for staff to develop their subject knowledge
· Increase the number of pupils able to participate in after school sports activities
· Increase participation in active playtimes and lunchtimes
· Increase opportunities for pupils to participate in competitive sports events
· Educate pupils about the need for exercise and the effect it has on the body
Sports currently on offer include:
Competitive Sports KS2
Multi-sports KS1 and KS2
The P.E. leads in the school are Tony Barrance and Matthew Newman