- School sweatshirt or cardigan (royal blue)
- Polo Shirts (light blue)
- Grey or black trousers or skirt
- Grey, black or white socks only
During the summer:
- Grey school shorts
- Blue and white check summer dresses or playsuits
- Black shoes
- No trainers; multi-coloured trainers are not suitable for school.
During the summer:
- Flat sandals or shoes in neutral colours
- Socks must be worn with footwear, including sandals.
- During the winter, if boots or wellies are worn to school, please make sure that your child has the correct footwear to change into at school.
All children need to have the school P.E. kit which consists of:
- School fleece or jumper
- A white polo shirt
- Royal blue shorts
- Black or navy tracksuit bottoms
- Black plimsolls or black trainers
Children taking part in outdoor games lessons must wear either trainers or plimsolls.
In gymnastics or dance in the hall, pupils are usually barefoot.
All items of P.E. kit, including footwear, must be marked with Children's names.
Swimming is part of the National curriculum and children in Years 4 – 6 swim on a rota system at Kings School.
During those sessions they need:
- A swimming costume (one-piece costume for girls)
- Swimming cap (for girls and boys with long hair)
- A PE bag
Safety Reminder: For Health and Safety reasons we do not allow children to wear jewellery in school. The exceptions to this rule are one pair of plain earring studs in pierced ears, jewellery of a religious nature and a watch.
Stud earrings should be removed for PE and swimming and watches removed to prevent them causing injury.
Please note: Staff do not remove or put ear studs back in if the child cannot manage it. Children cannot have earrings taped. Any child who cannot remove their earrings will not take part in PE.
Hairstyles should be reasonable and appropriate for being in a learning environment at school. Extreme hairstyles would include shaved patterns in the scalp, Mohicans and unnaturally coloured dyes. Such hairstyles are not acceptable at school. All children, girls and boys, are required to have their hair tied back, if long enough.
Ways to purchase your uniform
School Time School Outfitters are located at 23 Railway Street, Chatham, ME4 4HU. Orders can be placed either by visiting the shop, over the telephone or online. Items can be collected from the shop or sent to your home address, although there will be an extra cost for carriage.