There is a lot parents can do remotely to deliver some aspects of PSHE education at home. Below you will find topics that can work well for remote/home learning at this time;
• Strategies for preventing infection
• Ways of promoting positive mental health and emotional wellbeing
• Sleep and good sleep habits
• Balancing time online with other activities
• Managing online friendships and social media
• Maintaining healthy eating habits and physical activity
• Study and revision skills
• Careers education
• Shared responsibilities in caring for others
See below for activity ideas based around these aspects of PSHE!
CAMHS ARTS THERAPIES TOOL BOX
Strategies for preventing infection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9VjeIWLnEg - NHS - How to wash your hands properly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUe3eiPhI8s - Cbeebies - Washing hands song
https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/51204456 - Newsround: What is being done to prevent Coronavirus
Ways of promoting positive mental health and emotional wellbeing
http://www.dwmh.nhs.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/P29-Promoting-positive-mental-health.pdf - Promoting positive mental health.
Coronavirus - 7 wellbeing activities for 7 days
Sleep and good sleep habits
Maintaining healthy eating habits