Welcome to the Rainbows
Inside every child there is a rainbow waiting to shine!
Class email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello Rainbows! Here are some of our learning adventures so far...
Rainbows Nativity 2020 - Some images from the recording.
After we had a visit from the firefighters we built our own fire engine and put out our own 'real' fires!
This is our action story of 'The Little Red Hen' retold by Rainbows.
More of our learning about the Little Red Hen...Making our own bread and meeting 'Nash' the hen
Term 2 Learning Adventures so far...
More of our Term 2 Learning
We have been very keen to design, build and adapt our constructions in Rainbows. We have used many open ended resources such as bricks, blocks and gutters to construct houses, a bike wash and a very long ball track!
Over the last 2 weeks we have been learning about and celebrating the
Festival of Diwali and the story of Rama and Sita.
Here is just some of the activities we have been doing.
This week we have been learning to represent the quantity of 6 in different ways knowing that the total is the same!
Forest School fun - Toasting marshmallows and making our stick Christmas tree.
Over the last few weeks we have been so occupied with our learning. We have been busy writing letters to our friends and family in the post office, building and constructing and making vegetable vehicles.
Some of our amazing phonics work!
This sound mat and the videos below are to support you and your child in the way that we learn letter sounds in phonics.
The mat below helps the children remember the sounds and form the letters for writing.
This video shows you how to pronounce the sounds!
Our Rainbows Learning Environment
- Forest School days are Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. Children will need to bring in their own wellie boots for this and also for messy play in our garden that they can keep safely at school.
- PE days will be Thursday afternoon and Friday mornings, children need to come dressed in their PE clothes on Thursdays only and stay in them all day.
- If you would like to send a small bag with a change of clothes to keep at school in case of little accidents.
- Water bottles are to be taken home each day, washed and returned to school every day.
- Please write your child's name on all of their clothes and belongings. (shoes/coats/cardigans/sweatshirts/bags etc.) Please remember that we have 30 children, all in the same uniform!
Rainbow Bear hopes you find the homework fun!